Marine Mammals of Maine (MMoME) is an exciting, entrepreneurial nonprofit dedicated to sea mammal and turtle rescue and rehabilitation, as well as marine environment health and sustainability. Lynda Doughty, MMoME's Executive Director, is currently in the running for a CNN Heroes award: https://www.cnn.com/specials/cnn-heroes
Reporting to the ED, the Development Consultant will lead fundraising efforts as MMoME continues to grow. Following our successful fundraising effort and move into a new facility at the beginning of 2020, the Development Consultant will lead our ED and Board of Directors in our efforts to grow individual giving, corporate sponsorship, and events income to build on our grant-supported activity.
MMoME has a current pool of several hundred volunteers, several thousand active donors, a growing media presence, and three full-time staff. We are one of the premier marine animal welfare, education, and population science organizations in the Northeast and have close relationships with aquariums, research institutions, and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Association (NOAA). This is a new position in our organization, and the Development Consultant will have significant latitude to shape our strategy.
1) Constituent management using our CRM, Little Green Light
2) Social media campaign management in collaboration with other staff
3) Help develop and manage campaigns and day to day activity related to individual giving
4) Manage campaigns and day to day activity related to corporate giving and sponsorship
5) Relationship building and outreach to major donors and potential donors
6) Events management and public outreach
7) Help to plan and execute a long-term capital campaign to grow our facilities
1) Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree.
2) Demonstrated experience supporting non-profit growth
3) 4+ years of work experience in non-profit management, fundraising or sales
4) Ability to communicate effectively with staff, board, donors, and volunteers
5) Ability to write fund raising letters, polished blog posts and other copy
6) Proficiency in Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite
7) Proficiency or ability to learn Little Green Light constituent management site
8) Ability to set goals, follow through, and work autonomously
9) Must like seals : )
1) Education and/or experience in marine science or a related field.
2) Experience managing events
3) Proficiency in social media management
4) Experience with or ability to learn WordPress and basic graphic design software
This is a part-time contract position with no benefits, with the potential to grow into a full-time job with benefits.